This recipe was passed to me from a friend who lives in Australia, she makes the soup with pumpkin instead of butternut squash. You can make it with either, but it is harder to get pumpkin in the UK unless it's Halloween time, so I always make it with the squash. This is such a simple recipe, you could make a big batch and freeze portions.
1 medium butternut squash
2 regular sized baking potatoes
2 or 3 carrots
1.5 lt vegetable stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop butternut squash, carrots, onion and potatoes into cubes
- Place choppped vegetables into large sauce pan and add vegetable stock
- Add in cumin, coriander, salt and pepper
- Allow to simmer for 45mins or until vegetables are soft
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. If too thick, add a bit of water
- Serve and enjoy!