The next day when we arrived at the reception we soon learnt that we were right about it being a food table, but this table needed no extra decoration other than what was on the it.
There was a beautiful array of desserts, think Patisserie Valerie. And there is no surprise that the bride loves to go to Patisserie Valerie for a treat every now and then, in fact she introduced me to their cakes.
As a centre piece to the table there was a macaroon tree, with white, black and red macaroons. The white coconut one was to die for!
The was also a mixture of cakes, chocolate and fruit patisseries, mousses, pavlova, chocolate dipped fruit, so many things to choose from it was going to be hard to make a decision.
There are so many different, fun and amazing ideas for dessert bars for your wedding or any other event or party. In fact it could save you some costs on the decorations, because the food becomes your decoration. Your guests will go away from your event talking about the beautiful display and choice of desserts. If there's one thing you want for a wedding or event, it's for your guests to go away talking about for weeks and months to come.
What to include in your dessert bar
- Cake Pops
- Chocolate Fondue Fountain
- French Macaroons
- Chocolate dipped fruit
- Petit fours
- Home made chocolates and sweets
- Sweets/candy in jars or glasses
Ideas for your dessert bar
- Have a colour theme
- Tie the theme of your wedding into the table décor and desserts
- Create interest by using cake stands and serving platters at different heights
- Can be an alternative to a wedding cake
- Use different shaped glasses for serving mousse
- Have small servings so guests can select more than one dessert
- Create a centre piece, either with the wedding cake, one of the other desserts or decoration
The best part of this is the fun you can have deciding what you want to include and how you will display everything!